Wednesday, 8 May 2013

SVGCUTS MAISON DE MADELINE LAMP CHALLENGE

SVGCUTS has a challenge going on at the moment and the challenge is to make a lamp from the Maison de Madeline kit.  I purchased the kit when it came out and I have made a lamp already, but for this challenge you couldn't enter something that you already had made and already posted on their facebook wall. So, initially, I was not going to enter this challenge as I could not think of how I could do the lamp.  BUT, then, my mind started churning and I came up with a SVGCUTS themed lamp which I think turned out AWESOME!

Is she SVGCUTS obsessed???? You may be asking. Yes, probably, I am. LOL!  It is really hard not to be when they do such an awesome job each week coming up with their kits/collections.  Their cutting files/kits/assembly tutorials are first class and I have never had any problems cutting or putting together anything! The customer service they offer is superb - better than anywhere I have ever experienced and they are a gorgeous couple to boot!

The red paper I have used on my entry is a suede paper that I got from Fred at Skat Katz and it cut BEAUTIFULLY on Zigby. I also embossed the lamp base which is hard to see on the pics but that looks great too. I used pics of Leo & Mary that are on their website and went to Instagram for the pics of Gucci that I used.  Each side of the lamp has a different pic of Leo & Mary and I used 3 pics of Gucci and put the same 3 pics on each side.




 Naww - gorgeous couple!

 Lit Up!
 Lit Up!
(close up of the embossing on the lamp base)

Now, time to submit my entry!

3 comments:

  1. This is really awesome Tracey! I love that lamp file...and this version is fabulous. Those little hanging tags are sooooo cute :) Good Luck in the challenge. I don't see how you could fail to win this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great in daylight, but lighting it up really brings it to life.

    ReplyDelete