Friday, 7 June 2013

SOPHIE'S BIRTHDAY - Vinyl on a Tumbler, Heat Transfer Vinyl and a card!

Today (Fri) has been the first day that I have had a chance to do some crafting this week so I have shut myself away in my craftroom, turned off all distractions (phone,tv, and even the net - til I was finished) and got stuck in to making some things for an upcoming birthday.

I finally found some acrylic tumblers here in Australia in K-mart for $3 and could not wait to give them a go.

It's my daughter's friend Sophie's birthday next week and I wanted to make sure I got her gifts made ready for the party next Friday (14 June) night.  I had the ideas in mind since the invitation arrived and I am really pleased with the end result. Sophie is turning 9 and loves ballet and I wanted to make her things for her birthday that were ballet themed.

First up I wanted to do an acrylic tumbler with her name on it and I used a font from Dafont that had the ballet dancer incorporated into the S and then I just added the rest of the letters of her name in a normal font (modern corsiva I think it is).

The card is a slice form card from Jennigami that I purchased a while back and I just love how the tutu pops out when the card is open and can fold flat for putting in the envelope.

Then I wanted to a couple of shirts.  I wanted to do just a plain T-shirt and a Polo Shirt.
The Polo shirt has the same S that I used for the tumbler as a Monogram for the shirt and I cant remember where I got the ballet shoes from for the T-shirt. It was probaly a coloring page image from google.

I am really happy with how everything turned out. I hope you enjoy looking!







HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment