I wanted to make a thank you card for a nice gentleman that I work with who helped me out with a permanent shift change. He is a keen fisherman and I wanted to make a pop up with a fish popping out of the card. My friend SusanBlueRobot http://www.susanbluerobot.com/started demonstrating this week how we could use the 180 degree option in Make the Cut's Pop Up Card Studio. The actual full running option with the 180 degree pop ups in Pop Up Card Studio is not quite ready yet and you do need to do some tweaking of the file you create in Make the Cut but that wasnt anything that was difficult so I gave it a go. I have to admit that Susan had to help me a little but it was only a very simple thing that I need help with and if I had paid more attention to her video tutorials I probably would not have had the little problem that I did have. The fish that I used for this pop up is from SVGCuts of course, from the Happy Birthday Cards kit and the wave that I used is a free file from SVGCuts.
I realise my card is not 100 per cent perfect as I think I spaced my 'gap' a bit too far apart when I was gluing it down but I am soo happy with how it came out.
I took a few pics of the card so you could see all the way around.
POP UPS ARE COOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment