Wednesday, 21 May 2014

NAPPY CASTLE CAKE - BOY STYLE

Tiny Miracle is this week's new kit from SVGCuts and WOW!!! Never in a million years would I have thought Mary would have a 'Nappy' (in Australia we call diapers nappies) cake in one of her kits but just goes to show you can incorporate papercrafting into most things.

I had to give it a go it looks so fantastic! So I set out the other day to buy some nappies. Mind you I have not bought nappies since my daughter was a baby and she is 10 this year! It's been a while and it felt bizarre buying nappies for papercrafting purposes!

'Huggie's is the big leading brand of nappies here in Australia but I just wanted this castle just for me so I got the cheapest nappies I could find as I knew my nappy castle was staying in my craft room with me and never going to be used so it did not matter if I used 'cheap' nappies.

 If I was making one for a gift then I would buy 'Huggie's for sure. 'Huggies' are the best and I used them for my daughter - they do the job better than any other if you know what I mean?

So I bought a box of 84 'unisex' 'Dymples' brand nappies for $16 from BigW and when I got home and opened the box I discvovered they were blue tinged and had sea creatures on them. I was a little disappointed, I wanted plain white so I could make a 'girly' nappy cake but I rose to the challenge and accepted that I would be making a 'BOY' coloured nappy cake.

The papers I used for my cake was from 'Bella' called 'Baby Boy' and one side of the paper was the diamond pattern and the other side was the square gingham so I used both patterns in my cake. I wanted to keep it pretty simple and keep the bling down to a minimum so that the whole 'boy' thing did not get overtaken by bling and I think I  pulled it off. 

This cake uses 70 nappies.

I have to say I am really, really, really pleased and very chuffed with how this came out - exactly how I pictured it in my head.



I hope you enjoyed looking at my 'Nappy Castle Cake'


2 comments: