Thursday, 9 July 2015

MY DAUGHTER AND THE BOX CARD

So, it's the school holidays here in Melbourne Australia and I have not been doing much with Melissa apart from movies and shopping so today I thought she might like to make her friend Ruby a birthday card.  Ruby's birthday is on 20 July.  I showed Melissa a card from SVG Cut's 'Hearts Aflame' kit and asked if she would like to make it for her friend and she was very keen to do so.

I have to point out that I dont usually let Melissa touch any of my papercrafty stuff at all.

Many people say to me that I should involve her in my papercrafting and let her join me and it's something fun we can do together as Mother and Daughter and I look at them in shock and say 'Are you frigging crazy????'  Papercrafting is NOT something I want to share with my daughter - call me selfish and a mean mum but papercrafting is usually what I do to relax and get downtime from being a mum not have her join me harsing my mellow. LOL!
But, occassionallly, I relent and today was one of those days,.

I cut all the pieces out for the Makeup card for her and let her watch Mary's tutorial and she put it together - mostly on her own.

She was very happy with her efforts and appreciative that I let her play with my stuff.





1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love it!! She did a fabulous job!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete