Tuesday, 25 September 2018

BOOK FOLDING - YES I STILL LIKE TO DO THESE

Second post from me today.

Thanks for stopping by again today crafty friends.

Bookfolding is something I am very glad that I taught myself to do.  They make unique gifts for friends and family and it's always an honour to be asked to do one and be paid for my time to do it.

A friend of mine who I had done a book for previously asked me to do another for someone she knows that had a baby and I had done a book for her for the first baby and now a second baby has come along and the mum would like another book for the second baby.  That way she has a matching pair for the children.

The first book I did for the first baby I did with pink colours and butterflies and you can see that book here (it's the 'Dakota' book) and this book for the second baby I chose a light purple and flowers.  The book folding pattern I used is an alpha pattern called 'Baby Blocks' from Blush Book Design available on Etsy.

I wont lie to you, bookfolding is quite time consuming.  You need a sharp pencil, an Incra ruler in centimetres and good light and it's important to be as precise as you can so your end fold looks good and sharp.  But, in saying all that, they are fun and can be quite addictive.

Here are pics of the one I completed today for baby Ariah.




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment