Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
Today I am sharing a 3D project I made whilst on a craft retreat last weekend.
I do have to admit that I did have the pieces already cut out and put aside for a a couple of months now. I was waiting to put this project together away on a retreat. I just thought it would keep me occupied for a considerable amount of time - which it certainly did.
I was inspired by the one Tara Brown from Tara's Craft Studio has on her blog and I knew when I saw it I had to make one in my own style.
I do love way Tara decorates her 3D projects but as you know I like to make my paper craft projects look realistic in the way I decorate them. I wanted my gramophone to be brown like timber and have the inside of the horn be gold and shiny so it would look like a 'new/old' gramophone - if that makes sense?
Tara has an entry on her blog here where you can see her beautiful gramophone and she has detailed instructions in this entry on how to make the gramophone including link to a WPC file and a manual template for cutting out the horn which is called a 'Morning Glory Amplifier'. The WPC file and the manual template also include the pieces for the needle arm and the 'equaliser' and these parts are cut from card stock.
The bottom 'box' part of the gramophone which includes a drawer is made from 1/8 inch grey board and the finished project is very sturdy indeed.
I added feet I purchased from Ali Express to the bottom of the gramophone and that adds to the vintage look.
As always I love decorating with flowers and I finished off my gramophone with flower decoration.
I absolutely love the way my gramophone/phonograph turned out!
Here are some pics







No comments:
Post a Comment