Thursday, 21 February 2013

SVGCUTS SPRING CHALLENGE

This is my submission for the Spring Challenge at SVGCUTs that I have decided to enter.  I have never entered my papercrafting into any sort of competition before ever and it was fun to come up with something and 'be restricted' as such as to what kits could be used.

I used the small apothocary jar from the Toil and Trouble Kit, the butterflies from the Garden Nouveau kit and the daffodils from the 3D Flowers Kit. SVGCUTS files can be purchased here http://www.svgcuts.com/

I wanted to create a sort of of 'Butterfly Terrarium' if you will and I have to say that I had a lot of fun putting this together. I got the inspiration for using acetate and making the apothocary jar like a jar from Brigit Mann and what she did with her Skeleton in Jar for Halloween here http://www.brigitsscraps.com/2012/09/skeleton-in-jar.html

A lot of other papercrafting projects that I have on the go at the moment got put on hold whilst I did this.





This came together exactly as I pictured in my head - for once and I am really pleased with the outcome. Looks lovely in my craft room.

2 comments:

  1. wow. mum & i think this is so beautiful. truely talented mate. xx jen

    ReplyDelete