This is the blog post that I have been DYING to do but have not been able to because these items could not be given to Courtney til today (her birthday). Went out for lunch with Courtney for her 21st and gave her these two things that I made especially for her!
First up is this glass etch on a mirror. Admittedly, it was a little tricky as I was not able to 'RINSE' the etch cream off under the tap as the mirror was mounted on a felt base so I had to wipe it off which caused a couple of little marks here and there but all in all I am delighted with how this turned out!
I used the tree element from SVGCUTS.com's 'Home for the Holidays' kit and incorporated the ovals from basic shapes in Make the Cut and put the names in Lucinda Calligraphy font within the ovals.
Such a unique and personal gift fitting for her 21st and she loved it! Glass etching is so much fun and I can see it becoming VERY addictive for me!!!!!
Near impossible, by the way to get a nice clear crisp shot of this as the etch creates a reflection in the mirror which makes it look blurred - arrgghh - but you get the idea!
Next up, came this cake slice on a pedastal. I used the cake slice from the SVGCUTS.com's 'B for Birthday Kit', the pedastal from 'Poplar St Tulips' kit and the 21 from the '3D Numbers' Kit reduced down to fit on the top of the cake slice. This all came together beautifully! This became her 'card' and I wrote inside the top of the cake slice lid. and put her favourite chocolate lindt balls inside as an extra treat!
Here's the Birthday Girl with her cake!
HAPPY 21ST COURTNEY!!!!

These are both FABULOUS Tracey!! Love, love, love the cake slice on the little stand. Beautiful 21st gifts for (lucky) Courtney to treasure :)
ReplyDelete