Time has been a bit of an issue for me since my daughter Melissa finished school on the 5th of December for the year as I dont get much time to papercraft when she is around. But she went to my mum's this weekend and I took the opportunity to get my train done.
The main problem that I had with this project was the paper that I chose - that nice red on the top of the train and the caboose - I dont know the name or the brand of it but I knew when I saw it in the scrapbook shop it would be perfect for my train. It was sold by the A4 sheet and was not cheap!
Well, when I got it home and tried to cut it with Zigby Zing he HATED it!!!! I ended up using Zigby to draw what I needed cut and cut the pieces by HAND - UGGGHHHH - the paper was way too fibrous for Zigby and I did not want to mess around trying to get the settings right. And then the silly stuff would not take any glue - UUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! again! - so I went to my trusty back up of double sided tape and that did the job, thankfully! The other 'Holly' paper was from a 'First Edition' paper pad called 'Christmas Village'
I hope you enjoy looking at the pics of my 'North Pole Express' - ALLLLLL ABBOOOARRDD!!!!
Front View
Top View
All lit up - pretty!!!
(love how the locomotive is lit up from underneath too)



gorgeous job Tracey makes mine look a bit amateurish...... Cheers Valmay :-)
ReplyDelete