Thursday, 11 September 2014

FOOTBALL JERSEYS AND CUSHIONS THIS WEEK!!!

One of my cushion customers asked me if I would be able to do names and numbers on the back of some football jerseys for some life members of a local football team and whilst I had not done this before I was sure that I could. So I said yes and quoted a price and the job was mine. Albeit though I was a little nervous!

I did learn that you need to use a special kind of heat transfer vinyl for doing football jerseys - lucky I found this out before using the ordinary kind and I am very grateful to my HTV supplier Conect Enterprises in Carrum Downs Victoria for assisting me with this.

Sublimation Heat Transfer Vinyl is what I needed to use as the jerseys are already sublimation printed and if you use ordinary PS HTV film you get a bleed through of the underneath colours of the jersey.

Yellow and white are the colours that show the bleed as they are the most opaque colours and there is yellow and white sublimation HTV that is especially for footy jerseys. Yellow just happened to be the colour I had to use for this job.

Once I had the vinyl and I did one jersey I was on my way - hesitantly at first but once I had 3 out of the way I was more relaxed and started to enjoy what I was doing and before I knew it the 7 jerseys I had to do were done and I am very happy with how they turned our and so is the customer!


Then I was onto a new cushion design.  When I started doing my cushions I wanted to make one for my hubby's man cave and I wanted to do something that would suit his mancave and I looked and looked around for inspiration and then it came to me - I would do a 'SUBWAY ART' cushion!  I have wanted to give subway art a go for a little while now and this was a perfect opportunity to do so. I like the subway art that has all the words going the right way - I am not much of a fan of having to turn my head sideways to read stuff going all different directions.  So I put together some words that describe my hubby and I am really pleased with the outcome!




So if you are wondering - Cocky is his nickname that his mates call him - and Farrspray is his business name - the rest I am sure you can work out!

Then I had one last order to complete this week from a lady wanting a cushion for a dance school - she loved my ballet slipper cushion that I showed you last week.  It looks great with the name of the dance school across the top!





No comments:

Post a Comment