Monday, 29 September 2014

SVGCUTS CAROUSEL

Well, it took me awhile to get back to some sort of papercrafting as I am on a heat transfer cushion kick at the moment but the last day or so saw me tackle the beautiful carousel from SVGCuts' kit 'Carousel Ride'.  Such a beautiful carousel and I could not resist making it for myself.
As usual, I struggled with paper choice and I decided not complicate things and went with silver and red glitter with white.  The actual top of the carouse and the stem is a really light blue but you cant really tell in the photo.  Also the red glitter card that I used was an absolute PITA to cut with my Zigby Zing and I guess I should have gone to the deep cut blade but I didnt and I ended up cutting that card BY HAND - uggh!!!
I also did not want to do a cupcake version and wanted to put the horses on poles and I used paper straws that were wrapped with red ribbon.

Really pleased with how this came out!


It glitters and sparkles like anything! I love it!

5 comments:

  1. It looks perfect and beautiful Tracy! And in Danish National colors as well ;-) ha ha Did you have trouble with the bottoms? I struggled with mine - the rest was easy peasy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helle!!! Thanks for looking and yes the bottoms challenged me but I am happy with how they came out in the end and yes the rest was easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my son has Autisum and loves making cards but this blew it out of the water all my daughter and on do now is bring up your page and say mommy can you but it and we will make it ,so one is it for sale somewhere and 2 what is the is the base problem and how did you fix it, crafting is now the only thing I can d with both our kids and they love it. Our daughter is nearly 7 and yes she is my Vietnamese princess we love both of them the exact same except we are so lucky as we had our name down for Adoption before we did ivf as the waiting time in Ireland to adopt from abroad took 7 years she was 10 and 1/2 months old before we meet; its the agency and the Vietnamese side that decides when we get there about when can we see the children ; but we couldn't believe that we got our first visit on my Birthday we both cried when we got o the hotel we put on the cd ,our song Gareth Brooks Unanswered prayers and we thought of the amounts of times 7 Ivfs we ended up having 7 miscarriages we even lost Ronans twin and a set of twins also but going threw all that we begged God we lost Ronans Twin at 16 weeks we begged that Ronan would live so by 22 weeks the Doctor brought me into hospital and I had total bedrest for over 3 months I just thanked god for giving me a live baby :) and Ronan was 18 months old when we got called for the social worker to assess us for adoption , and the rest is history but that day when Brian played the song I said there where so manys times I nearly lost my faith especially when we nearly lost him and then 2 weeks after we got Isabelle home, we where told Ronan has Autism I was so angry at God then we found out if he been dignosed 4 weeks earlier we would not have been allowed to Adopt Isabelle , that's why I love the song its the part where he says just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care one of Gods greatest gifts are so often unanswered prayers . He had a way better plan because if he had answered our prayers at the start we wouldn't have Ronan or Isabelle and while Ronan has the Autism he is very intelligent and loving child that he is now in mainstream school adores his sister and us and Isabelle had issues with sharing our love with Ronan and I was in hospital 9 times this year we where told was because my immune system is so bad the first surgery we where told id be in about a week but then 2 days after the surgery the wound was so deep and infected that they had to use a vack pack machine that was trying to fight the infection from the inside as the wound was so deep and long that infection so bad I ended up in that hospital on the Vac pack for 9 weeks and spent another 3 months going in for the wound dressings clinic 2 times a week but even that had an upside the kids missed me so much.Sorry for the long post but it all started when I thought id explain why I need to get the 2 carousels and that like how the base you found hard what did you do to fix the problem and any hints or tips id be grateful I have a silhouette that I connected to the imac but Ronan needs it now so I got a HP laptop but cant find the my designer edition cd that's on the i mac but I need it for the new laptop now but he tried to transfer the one on the Imac and it wouldn't do it . I bought the silhouette and the cd on create and craft so I have proof that I bought them there but is there any way to get it onto my laptop without having to buy a new one as I know you could use it on 2 computers but thats all I remember so any information id be so grateful or any sites that has free designs please message me thanks janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you anchor the straws in the base and tent? Lovely craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete