Monday, 18 April 2016

ETCHING WITH A BLAST CABINET!

Well, I am finally up and running with my blast cabinet and air eraser!!! It is sooo good. The quality of the etch leaves the etching cream for dead! And I am so glad that I moved on.

I purchased my blast cabinet from SuperCheapAuto and also the Aluminium Oxide 220 grit.

The gun that comes with the cabinet I changed out to a Paasche Lac#3 air eraser that I purchased from Hobby Tools Australia.

I am also very lucky to have the use of my hubby's spare compressor.  He is a spraypainter and is very familiar with compressors.  The compressor is 15 CFM.

He set it all up for me in our garage and I could not be happier and I am very keen to introduce etched glassware to my Tracey's HandCrafts gig on Facebook.

I have so many ideas on things that I would like to do with the etching so stay tuned!

Here are some pics of  my practice pieces of etching - I am very, very happy with the results.




Applied the stencil a little crooked on this one but I'm still very happy
 with the etch and how it turned out anyway! I'm still practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment