Sunday, 2 October 2016

HALLOWEEN LANTERNS

Ok, so I'm not really a big fan of Halloween and I definately dont let my daughter go trick or treating - even though she would love to. She doesnt understand that Halloween just isnt a big thing here in Australia and I wont let her go door to door to strangers. But that's just me - others may not feel the same way. This year though I am going to relent a little and celebrate Halloween A TINY BIT. We will be at our holiday place that weekend as it is a 4 day weekend in Melbourne Australia for the Melbourne Cup - the horserace that stops a nation. Halloween falls the night before the race. I will put out some decorations and have some treats among friends. 

Dreaming Tree released a freebie lantern that I took a liking to. I do like 'cute Halloween' not scary zombie stuff.  Also, I did modify them as I was not keen on the upside down bat - too creepy for me. I used the webbing and spider components from Chilling Chandelier and put a spider in a web on the lanterns instead. I also printed the vellum colours using Leo's colour PDF. I am just waiting in the remote control colour changing LED lights to put in them. Cant wait to photograph them lit up!



Will post pics of them lit up as soon as I get the lights! In the meantime I think I will make some of the Jack O Lantern Tealights that were released this week - gah - Leo I think you are releasing this stuff deliberately to get me into Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment