Wednesday, 25 October 2017

BACK TO BASICS

Again, a long time between posts! You are probably sick of me saying that now - lol!

Well, working full time afternoon shift does not leave me much crafty time but when I do craft I am finding myself going back to basic cardmaking.  Bought myself a Sizzix Big Shot and been buying a few dies here and there.
Yes, I hear you say but you have two electronic cutting machines!  I know, but I just wanted to go back to basics and enjoy doing my paper crafting in a very basic raw way - back to the beginning almost. 

One of my collegues at my new job, Josy, celebrates her birthday today and I took the opportunity to use one of my new dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs Pop it Up range and it is the pop up cake. Karen Burniston is the desginer.

This was a fun card to make and I made sure I used Josy's favourite colour for her birthday card.  I am so happy with how this card came out as yellow is not a colour that I would use - at all, so I was outside my comfort zone for sure.  The beautiful butterfly paper was a single sheet I had from Graphic 45.

Enjoy looking and I hope to be back sharing some more cardmaking pics soon.




1 comment: