I have only just got back into stamping 13 years after having my electronic cutters and making 3D projects and cards using cutting files etc for so long and never really needing stamps but now I have fallen back in love with stamps and I am absolutely loving how far stamps and stamp sets have come in those 13 years and it is like I am rediscovering a whole new world. The layering stamps that are available are by far the best stamps I have ever come across. I have never really been a stamper that 'colours in' images and there is so much more out there now for stampers like me. I am also really enjoying using dies and exploring the range of co-ordinating dies with stamp sets out there as well.
I was recently inspired on Pinterest by a card I saw from Michelle Gleeson's blog Stampin' Mojo using Concord & 9th's Plaid background stamp set. I just love this stamp set! It has so many possibilities for cards and I am excited to make many more cards using this stamp set in the future.
The happy birthday sentiment is from Kaisercraft and I used Distress Oxide inkpads in Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans for the colour pallet.
I made this card for a male colleague at work. I am pretty happy with how this card came out and it actually looks nicer in person than how it has come out in the photo. I do think I over inked the edges of the diamond shape in the middle which spoils it a little but sometimes as they say in the classics 'shit happens' so I just went with it and figured the recipient wasn't going to criticise the way I made their card!
Thanks for looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment