I wanted to do the Grand Cabinet first but once I had cut the pieces out and put them together I was a little stuck on what to do next and I needed a few days to ponder on how I was going to decorate it. So Grand Cabinet sat like this in my craft room whilst I went away for the weekend and had a chance to think about what I was going to do.
I decided to have a little look on Pinterest and also on Instagram to get some inspiration and what attracted my attention was something that was put together by an Instagram account called keepsakesbymelissa. Melissa Bove had created a clock using the Grand Dome and seeing what she had done had reminded me of the clocks I had made in 2011 and I then immediately knew what I was putting into my Grand Cabinet - a clock.
To see other clocks I have made here and here and here and here and here - I have had a lot of fun with clocks.
Took me a little while to get going with this one as it had been 7 years since making clocks and I had to find my clock movements in my stash. The other time consuming part was gluing all those half back pearls on - individually. But once I had those glued on the rest of the clock came together quite quickly.
Initially, it fell backwards due to the weight of the clock movement device but once I had the pearls glued on and the flowers made and glued on the balance of weight is quite good and it is not tipsy at all. I have yet to put a battery into it which will add more weight but I think it should be fine.
The flowers and leaves I used unbranded dies and I inked the edges with Distress Oxide inkpad 'Frayed Burlap'.
Cards made with these die sets are designed to fold flat to go in an envelope for postage but obviously this clock wont fold flat and will be a 3D item for the recipient given in person in a gift box.
I am so very happy with how this turned out. I have someone in mind to give it to which will be a total surprise for them.
Thanks for looking!

This is quite stunning!! Love all of your gorgeous details!!
ReplyDeletethank you for looking and taking the time to comment xxx
DeleteI have this die from Becca Feeken. This is totally phonomenal! I am going to make this for my sister for her next birthday! Awesome and would have never thought of anything like this. Have you shown this to Becca. OMG she would love it.
ReplyDeleteyes Becca has seen it and loves it - thanks for looking and commenting xxx
Delete