Tuesday, 26 June 2018

JUNE RETREAT - AT 'THE SHACK'

June retreat came around and we headed to 'The Shack' as we were not able to secure our usual venue. This was a great little place, a holiday home of one of the ladies who kindly let us use so we could still have our monthly retreat.
I had some cards to complete whilst on this retreat mainly a birthday card for my dad.  I used the 'Tent Pop Up' die set from Karen Burniston and I made it in an 'army style' as my dad is a Vietnam Veteran which I am sure I have mentioned before.  I am very happy with how this came out and he loved it.



I then finished a card off that I was asked to make for my boss's daughter for her birthday.
I used the 'Castle Pop Up' die set from Karen Burniston for this card and I love the way this one turned out too.






Next up and I wanted to make another Tent pop up card and this one turned out cool as well!






During the week before the retreat I had a lot of crafty happy mail turn up at my place and one of the things that arrived and I got to play with on retreat was the 'Reveal Wheel' die set and sentiment stamp set from Lawn Fawn. What a lot of fun this is!  I have to say.  I love cards with a mechanical aspect to them and this is right up my alley!  So easy to do and put together as well.  This was the card I made with the die and stamp set.  


and a little video to show it working




Moving on and I wanted to use the 'Twinkle Twinkle' background stamp from Taylored Expressions with my distress oxides creating a galaxy background and this was the card I came up with. I am not 100% happy with this card as I think it is missing something and I decided it was missing a fairy.  I am waiting on a fairy on a moon die to come and I hope it is the right size to go on this card - fingers crossed.

The next card I wanted to make I used the left over army paper from my dad's card and I used the maze components from My Favourite Things that I have.  These mazes make such fun interactive cards. So very different and so much fun to make.  I have to admit that I had to make this card 3 times before I got it right. I kept getting dust and potato chip crumbs inside the maze and didnt realise until I sealed it all up in the shaker pouch - gah! That will teach me to eat, drink alcohol and craft at the same time! (but you all know I still will, right?)


That is it for the cards I made on this June Retreat - July Retreat is fast approaching!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment