Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by again!
This next post is about another project I completed whilst on the craft retreat I mentioned in my previous post.
When I first made the Vintage Truck back in 2018 I made a red one and a blue one. The red one was a gift for someone and the blue one I gave to my hubby Ian. You can see that post on my blog here .
What I did not realise when I imported the file into the Make the Cut software at the time was that it import smaller than the original designed one and I only came to realise this when I cut out this latest one in the Silhouette Studio software so the one I made recently is a lot bigger than the first two I made.
This truck my hubby requested to be made from green cardstock and be decorated for his favourite beer which is Victoria Bitter.
As the truck is a 'vintage truck' I thought it would be apt to have the stickers on the door and on the rear tailgate to be a 'vintage' style and I was able to get stickers to fit the doors and tailgate in a vintage style.
I then thought what fun it would be and realistic it would be to have barrels in the back. SVGCUTS have a whiskey barrel in the Wildflower Saloon kit and I sized it down from the original intended size of 9.25' to 2.5' tall. This smaller size made the whiskey barrels very tricky and time consuming to put together but it was well worth it for the end result. I made 3 barrels and put VB on the top of them just so you know what is in the barrels and hubby kept saying they're beer barrels not whiskey barrels. Yes dear on this project they are beer barrels.
Here are the pics of the Vintage VB Truck
No comments:
Post a Comment