Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
At the beginning of July I was lucky enough to go on a craft retreat in the beautiful Mornington Peninsula town of Rye. There is a lovely home set up for small group of 10 to book for weekends of crafting and it's not too far away from home.
Melissa, my daughter came with me and we had a nice weekend away crafting with a group from a local scrapbook/papercraft shop Peninsula Papercraft Boutique.
My first project I wanted to make was the 'Heirloom Christmas Tree' from SVGCUTS.
It has been a little while since I have made a SVGCUTS project and this was one I had been wanting to make pretty much since it was released in 2017. There is always something from SVGCUTS that I want to make so there's never a shortage on 3D things to make.
I had already cut all the pieces out a few weeks prior to the retreat so that all I had to do was put it together. I did have my laptop and Silhouette Cameo with me just in case I stuffed anything up and had to recut but fortunately did not have to.
The tree went together easier than I thought it would but that does not surprise me for two reasons. The first reason is Mary designs these things so they are easy to put together and the second reason is I have been putting 3D projects together now for quite some time and very used to the way Mary designs her 3D projects. One thing I can say is that you can get used to the way certain designers design their projects and the way they design for them to be put together. I can say the same thing for the projects that I put together for the assembly tutorials that I do for Nicole Silhouette.
I kept my tree fairly traditional in green with a red base and I love the way it looks lit up. I may add some stickles to the tree as it looks a little plain when it is not lit up.
The bulbs I bought from ebay and are the ones Mary recommends in her PDF download that comes with all her svg kits.
Here are some pics

No comments:
Post a Comment