Wednesday, 31 July 2013

380 ELEPHANTS!!!!!!

My daughter's school is doing a fundraiser in a week or so with the money raised going to the Zoe Children's Home in Thailand.  (I will post a link to Zoe in my next post about the elephants)

This year they wanted to do something a little different and came up with an idea for the primary kids to decorate an elephant and then once all the elephants were decorated they would be joined trunk to tail along the outside walls of the classrooms kind of like a mural.

This is where I come in with my Zigby Zing!
I was given by the school an elephant that was part of a display in one of the Prep Classrooms and I scanned it and did a pixel trace into Make The Cut doing a few little changes here and there.
I created a 'draw' layer so some details could be drawn on and then a 'cut' layer for the shape of the elephant.  I love how 'Make The Cut' is so easy to use!

Then I set about getting them all cut - 380 of them!

I finished them today! Yay!  It was a big job but the cause is worthwhile so I didn't mind.

I will do another post when I can show pictures of the elephants all decorated and along the walls of the school classrooms and will provide a link to Zoe if you would like to read about the great work they do.


This picture shows the elephant and the bags that have the elephants all ready packed in class numbers 

1 comment: