BUT, when I saw 'Maple Manor' I thought to myself - "Gee, Mary is sooooo very clever to have made that manor so that you could do it up in any type of colours for any type of season". And I knew I would make one.
I was going to leave it for a couple of weeks but it kept luring me and before I knew it I was in my craft room cutting the pieces out. I made mine (hopefully) in quite a whimsical fashion and I renamed my take on 'Maple Manor' to 'Farr Mansion' because, well, I wanted to - LOL!
The tiny little flowers in the windows and the posts are from SVGCUTS as well it is their freebie cherry blossom file - the top part of the cherry blossom!
And I gave 'Farr Mansion' the number 9 because that is our house number as well.
I had a lot of fun making it - the glue kind of started to take over me towards the end but I hung in there and I dont think anyone will notice the stray bits of glue!
I love how it looks lit up too!
Here is SVGCUTS spooky version which I think looks cool too!
Mary is sooo very clever and Leo takes great pics and video!

turned out fantastic
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your version of this Tracey! I haven't been papercrafting lately, life gets in the way sometimes, and my mojo has done a hike...BUT....the couple of these I've seen now make me want to drop everything else, buy the file and lock myself away in my craft space until it's done!!!!!!!!! I'm not into Halloween either but that haunted house is so darn cute :) Your Farr mansion is amazing...love the weatherboards :) I have that EF....it's perfect for this, so I'll keep that in mind if I get to make one.
ReplyDeleteLOL at the glue comment. Glue and I have a bit of a strained relationship....I seem to get it all over me when I use it, which causes a bit of cursing & swearing :( When I was watching Mary put this together I wondered if I'd see the end of the project all finished in one piece lol
GREAT job on yours :)
Thank you Lynne - yes my mojo disappears sometimes but not for too long thankfully! The glue always gets me - LOL - this manor is a big job but soooo worth it in the end! Hope you get back into soon!
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog! I'm trying to set up one via wordpress . You paper art is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteShereen
Simmerglassworks