I usually like to have my Christmas cards done by now as I hate being in a mad rush in those last couple of weeks. And this year there is even more reason for me to have them done early.
You see, this year I decided to start the 'Elf on the Shelf' tradition for my daughter. She is probably getting a bit old for it now as I suspect this could be the last year she 'believes' but I thought it would be a lot of fun and you are never too old for some fun in your life especially at Christmas time!
So on Sunday Dec 1 our 'Elf on the Shelf' will make his appearance and I wanted to tie my Christmas cards in with that and of course I turned to SVGCuts for inspiration and could not go past the 'Elf Card' in 'Santa's Helpful Elves' kit - he was perfect for what I wanted.
70 was the number of cards I had on my list to send out this year - 70!!!! and after doing 70 of these cards I decided that next year I AM going to learn PRINT AND CUT on Zigby Zing!!!!!
This whole card is paper pieced and that was a LOT of pieces but I hung in there and I have such a sense of accomplishment now that they are all finished and are ready to be written in and posted on Monday 2 December! I wanted to put bells on the end of the elves hats but Australia Post probably wouldnt like me very much and also charge me more to post them so I settled on a gold sequin with a dob of Crystal Ice Stickles in the middle - came up alright I thought.
Group Shot
only 65 here - 5 had to go out early a couple of weeks ago for the ballet teachers!
Close up of one on it's own - love the glitter card I used!
and then I wanted to take a special pic with tinsel and fairy lights!
ohhh pretty!!!!
Stay tuned for some Elf On The Shelf pictures over December!
Great accomplishment.
ReplyDelete