Thanks for stopping by today!
This week over with the Crazy 4 Challenges design team it's the last challenge for January and our hostess Karen has decided to keep things simple and has challenged us to use ribbon on a card.
January 25 – C4C519: Use ribbon somewhere on your project.
This week's card for me I literally was making at 10 pm last night. Talk about last minute! But it's been a busy week for me. Sunday was my 50th birthday, Monday I had some doctor's appointments to attend, Tuesday was my 25th Wedding anniversary, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday I was filming, editing and doing a voice over for an assembly tutorial that I did for a beautiful carousel that is designed by Nicole Silhouette (here is the link to that tutorial if you would like to go check it out and see what kept me busy for 3 days!) and Thursday and Friday I had to work in my real job - ugh!
So, I just managed to squeeze this week's challenge card in.
I was having a look through Pinterest as I do when I need some inspiration and I came across those 'curtain fold' cards. These cards are also known as 'drapery fold' cards and 'pleated skirt' fold cards. In all my years of card making I actually have never made one of these cards so I decided to make one for this week's challenge card. There are heaps of tutorials out there on Pinterest and youtube and so I used a combination of measurements from several tutorials I watched.
I found some double sided music paper in my stash that I have had for years and I teamed it up with some silver mirror board card on black card stock for a monochrome type look on my card.
The ribbon I used was a tiny scrap of some very sparkly ribbon I had in my stash that I dont even remember even using the rest of it on any projects I have done over the years but I thought it went well on my card today and I got to use it all up.
As I was making this card I must have been reflecting on my 50th birthday of this week and I think this card would make a nice 50th card for myself. And I love the sentiment - Not Older Just Better. Even though some days when I come home from work I feel every bit of 50 years old!
I kept the rest of the decorations on this card fairly simple as I wanted the 'curtain fold' effect and the ribbon on the card to stand out.
I hope you like today's challenge card using ribbon!
I hope you all have a great day and until next time - it's bye for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment