Thursday, 3 October 2013

PET MEMORIAL - FOR CASEY & SHELBY

This week our beautiful Shelby dog died over night on Sunday night. She was 16 years old and the daughter of our other dog we had, Casey who died in 2007 (she was 14 years old).  I wanted to create a simple tile memorial to go in our garden near the grave where they both are.  I just used a 20 x 20 cm tile and pink vinyl.  Yikes is the font that I used in Make the Cut and of course Zigby cut it out for me. I was going to get Ian, my hubby to put a coating of clear over the tile so it will last in the weather but I ended up putting a really thick coating of mod podge over the tile and will perhaps mount it on something like a rock, not sure yet. Will post another pic when that is done.


Here is a photo of them both (Casey with the black head and Shelby brown head)


(apologies for the quality of the pic -
 I took a photo with my phone of another photo we have of them
 that is under glass with their 3D plaster paw impressions)

Rest in Peace Casey & Shelby - you are together again xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss...I was there last June and I know how hard this is. This is a great way to memorialize our wonderful fur friends. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Tracey. What a beautiful remembrance for you and your family to have. Hugs

    ReplyDelete