Sunday, 20 October 2013

PUMPKIN CARRIAGE

A girl that I work with is going to host a lunch with some of us girls from work and when she saw my 'share' on facebook of the fabulous carriage that Mary from SVGCuts made from the 'Enchanted Autumn' kit she made a comment on the post 'I want this one' so I text her to ask if indeed she did want one and she said she would like one as a centrepiece for the table at her lunch.

Of course, I said 'I will do one for you! No worries!'

I needed an excuse to make that awesome carriage and here was the perfect opportunity!  There was just one tiny little catch ......... this lunch was going to be a 'Halloween' lunch and she wanted it 'Halloween' colours (orange and black) and I am just not that big on Halloween - never have been and probably never will be - it's just not my thing.

So my hopes of making a 'pretty' carriage with 'pretty' colours and bling 'first up' went flying out the window! 

But, I pushed that aside and decided to 'suck it up' and rise to the challenge instead.

I had nothing in my paper stash that I thought would be appropriate - after all - I dont 'do' Halloween as I said so I headed off to the scrapbook shop down at Mornington in the hope I would find what I needed there.

Sure enough I found just what I had in mind and I used a pumpkin colour 'Bazill' cardstock and then I found some awesome paper from Graphic 45 and the two pieces I used were 'Trick or Treat' (the reverse side) and 'Pumpkin Time' (the reverse side) from the 'Happy Haunting Collection'.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out as this is sooooo not my style and when I sent a pic to the girl I work with she said it was amazing and she loved it so I am pretty pleased!


I will be making two pumpkins from the 'Bedtime Stories' kit to go with the carriage and will blog about them when they are done.  

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Tracey! You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way a person can get the cut file and do it by hand. (i dont have a cutting machine..:( ) either way, I adore this gorgeous wagon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there do you have a template ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there do you have a template ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there do you have a template ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there do you have a template ??

    ReplyDelete