My daughter Melissa turns 10 on August 9 this year and I have to say those 10 years have gone way too fast! I wanted to make her a very special birthday card in the form of a pop up book that commemorates all her birthdays and the cakes from her first birthday to her 10th birthday this year (this year's photos will be added at a later date)
Here is a current photo of my girl taken only a week ago - so grown up looking already!
I decided that filming the finished book would be more effective looking than taking still shots of the pages and you get more of an idea of the actual feel of the book itself.
I am so very pleased with the way it turned out and will be a lasting memento for Melissa to remember the first 10 years of her birthdays.
Enjoy watching! (If no video appears below click here)
Ok - the link to the tutorial I used to bind my book you will find here
the link you will need for the tutorial on how I made the 90 + 90 + 180 degree pop up cards you will find here or here is the link to SusanBlueRobot's website where you will find other amazing tutorials!
Wow, Tracey! This is such a wonderful book! Each page is awesome! I love that you stayed with the blue and white colors so your pics would stand out! And I have to say my favorite pic Is Melissa's 3rd birthday picture, omg, how adorable is she! And now, so grown up, at just 10 years old, wow! Your video was just perfect, music and all! Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter and may you all have a wonderful celebration! Hugs, Debra
Wow, Tracey! This is such a wonderful book! Each page is awesome! I love that you stayed with the blue and white colors so your pics would stand out! And I have to say my favorite pic Is Melissa's 3rd birthday picture, omg, how adorable is she! And now, so grown up, at just 10 years old, wow! Your video was just perfect, music and all! Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter and may you all have a wonderful celebration! Hugs, Debra
ReplyDeletethank you so much Debra - you are so kind xxx
DeleteYou are truly amazing!!! Love the book and I would like to make one!
ReplyDelete