Wednesday, 30 July 2014

STILL HERE - I LEARNT SOMETHING THIS WEEK!

Hi guys - yes I am still here - I am working on a time consuming thing at the moment for the PAPERIFIC craft show here in Melbourne Australia that will be taking place at the end of August. I am trying to get that out of the way in the next week or so, so that I can get back on track with my papercrafting and playing with SVG Cuts stuff!

What I did want to share with you this week - on my last blog post I shared with you guys was the Library bags that I did for my daughter's school and I mentioned I had spelt 'Seuss' wrong for 'Dr Seuss' on the bags. I spelt it 'Suess' and it is 'Seuss'.

Well, I could not in the end in good conscience leave them like that and one of the members on the Make the Cut Forum @jazzystouch mentioned that heat transfer vinyl is removeable. I never knew that!

So I did google it and found that you can remove heat transfer vinyl by reheating the vinyl (I could have used my heat press but I was only removing a small area of vinyl so I just used my iron) and I placed some wax lunch paper over the vinyl - this protects the bottom of your iron and spreads the heat more evenly and then pressing the iron down for about 30 or so seconds and you can then peel away the heat transfer vinyl.  You have to keep applying the iron as once the heat transfer vinyl cools down it re-adheres to the material. I found that the vinyl does come away very easily when it is HOT.  I used tweezers so that I did not burn my fingers! And now I can go about putting the correctly spelt 'DR SEUSS' on the library bags!

I am very happy that I was able to fix that and it did not require a huge amount of effort! Making mistakes enables us to learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment