Thanks for stopping by today!
This week over with the Crazy 4 Challenges the theme is:
14th March - C4C526: According to the Days of the Year web site, today is White Day. Apparently in countries where Valentine's Day is observed by women giving chocolate to those they love. White Day is the day they get the return on that investment. For our challenge this week, let's create a white on white card.
I have never made a 'white on white' card before so this was new to me and I guess it would be something most people would associate using for a wedding card or a sympathy card but I have a combined 90th and 60th birthday celebration coming up next week so I decided to use this concept for the 90th birthday card.
I am very happy with with the way my card turned out. The flower die I used is one designed by Nicole Silhouette, the leaf die is from Kaisercraft, the number die and banner die are dies that I have in my stash and I'm not sure of where they are from. I did get a lot dies a while back second hand.
The background die I used is from Spellbinders Shapeabilities dies by Becca Feeken Venise Lace - Emmeline Treillage. And this is a lovely background die which I like to use when I can.
I have a 90th birthday to go to next weekend so this was my chance to make a card for the recipient.
I think the trick with white on white cards is to use layers, add dimension and texture and also some shimmer which is what I used for this card and I am very happy with how it ended up looking.
The white pearls were a nice touch too tying it altogether.
Here is my card -
Thanks for looking and until next week, it's bye for now!

So gorgeous and elegant.
ReplyDeleteI think white on white is just so elegant looking. I think someone is going to cherish this pretty card. I got the chance to play along on this challenge too this week.
ReplyDelete