Hi Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
This week over with the Crazy 4 Challenges design team it's the 3rd Saturday of the month meaning it's Sketch week and this week's sketch is this one:
And our challenge is to make a circle card.
This in itself was a challenge to me as I would not normally make a circle card as they are hard to display without rolling around. But, I do know there are things we can do now as crafters so that doesn't happen.
This just doesn't happen to be a style of card I would normally make.
I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration here and I could have easily made a circle easel card but I wanted to make something else and I wasn't quite sure what.
Until ...... I came across this very cute card by Cathy Weber aka Empty Nest Crafter . (by clicking on the link takes you straight to the card) - It is always the right thing to give credit to where you get inspiration from and I am always happy to do so.
I could see that the scalloped edge of this card would assist with the card standing up without rolling and I loved the look of it and it fit well with the sketch this week with the exception of the banner. I already had decided I would not put a banner on my card.
I did not make my card very much different from Cathy's but I did add a few different things in my style.
I did have one stuff up with my card and that was with the positioning of the scallops on the bottom - they were not quite right and my card still rolled a little making it crooked when placed for display and that was totally my fault for not paying attention whilst I was assembling. So I had to trim the bottom edge scallop a tiny bit so my card would stand up without rolling. There's always a work around and I guess I am happy with this outcome as I did not want to remake the card from scratch and hopefully it's not too noticeable. The sentiment I printed myself.
Here is my card and I am happy with how it turned out! Super cute!
Thanks for looking and until next week - it's bye for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment