Thursday, 3 February 2022

Wow - 2022 and no posts until now - Christmas 2021

 Hi Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!

I am so sorry it has been so long since I have posted - I seem to forget about my poor old blog!

I have definitely been papercrafting heaps since my last blog entry and I guess you can see a lot of that on my youtube channel and also my instagram account.  

I will today post a big project that I worked on in the couple of weeks before Christmas last year.  

I came across another low poly project of a 3D Santa and I just had to make him - he was gorgeous and LARGE measuring around 62 centimetres in height - my largest 3D paper project to date.

I bought the PDF file from Magic 3D World on Etsy and emailed the seller to send me the svg file for the pattern so I could cut the pieces out with my Silhouette Cameo.

Santa took over 30 A4 sheets of cardstock!  But it was so much easier to cut them with my cameo than by hand. If I had been a little smarter I would have set up my cameo to do the numbers with a sketch pen but I will try that next time.  

Santa went together quite quickly and he did not give me trouble like the cockatoo I made last year did and I guess that was because Santa was bigger and the pieces were bigger therefore easier to put together.

I chose traditional colours for him and I just love the way he turned out - he is in pride of place in my craft room and on Christmas day he was a centre piece off to the side for my family to admire.

Here are some pics - I love the way he came out! I got a couple of progress shots as I was putting him together and of course the completed shots. 











He was so awesome to make and even more awesome to admire him completed.
Thanks for looking and until next post, it's bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment