Monday, 23 May 2022

CRAFT ROOM DECOR - DOODLE BUG DESIGN

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I am back again today!

Just spending time today updating my blog with all the crafty fun I have had the last couple of weeks or so.

This time I am sharing another craft room decor piece. I absolutely love having things 'crafty' related in my craft room around me whilst I am crafting.  They not only look the part in my craft room but they also help with inspiration.

A few weeks back, I think it was on Facebook or YouTube, I came across a video showcasing the shadow box insert kits from Doodlebug Design.  These are great kits available in many different designs. I loved the Cute N Crafty one so I purchased it. I ordered it from Scrapbook.com and the link is here

Being in Australia, I do have to wait for things I purchase from the US and I actually had forgotten I had purchased it and it was a nice surprise when it turned up a few weeks later.

The kits come with a template for placement, a piece of vellum, some white yardstick and all the stickers and embellishments to make it.  There are also instructions so you can't go wrong.

Very easy project to put together and once frame looks amazing.  There are even enough stickers left over to make another if you wish. There are some stickers that are not on the template so you could pretty much do your own design if that suited you.  Or you could use the surplus on card making or scrapbook projects.

I used a frame from Ikea to frame my one and I also matted it with some black card stock and I love this cute n crafty piece so much.

I am thinking I would like to add a vinyl word 'Create' onto the glass as I feel it's not quite finished but I also don't want to hide any of the elements so I am still up in the air about whether I add a vinyl word or not.

Here is a pic of the finished shadow box frame so far.


So bright and colourful!

Until the next post - it's bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment