Friday, 27 September 2013

'SUNFLOWER COTTAGE' - under glass!

About 8 years ago I had a bit of a play with doing hand and feet casting and I enjoyed trying the different ways my supplier (of the casting and display materieals) had to display the 3D hand and feet statuettes and I had purchased a glass dome that I never got around to using, although I did make a couple of hand statuettes and put them under glass domes but this one I had left was a spare.
Needless to say I did not continue with the hand and feet casting but still had this glass dome kicking around in my craft room and I never quite knew what I was going to do with it but I did not want to chuck it out.

Whilst browsing through Pinterest one day I came accross this wonderful website that features the work of a papercrafter in the UK by the name of Helen Musselwhite http://www.handsomefrank.com/illustrators/helen-musselwhite/ and as soon as I saw what she did with paper and the glass dome it inspired me to do something similar.

I used the House from SVGCUTS 'Santa's Village' kit (which was the perfect size for the dome) and the box lid from the house in that kit to mount the house on. I also used the cornstalks from 'Acorn Autumn' kit for the sunflower stalks.  The sunflowers were just sun shapes within 'Basic Shapes' in 'Make the Cut' and the cat was from a border within a file that was in the 'Make the Cut' gallery from user no 2992.
I wanted to put a tree behind the house but it just wouldn't fit the dome is not high enough but I sure am happy with the end result!



 with the dome off

I am always on the lookout for different things to do with my 3D projects and this one was very satisfying!
Made just for me for my craft room!




No comments:

Post a Comment