Sunday, 12 August 2018

HELLO CARD - USING DISTRESS OXIDE INK PADS

Hi guys!

Today I have a card I put together whilst my daughter was hosting a sleepover to celebrate her 14th birthday.  I needed to keep myself occupied and figured a night in my craft room would be the best solution. She definately did not want me hanging around her and her friends - gah!

For this card I used my Distress Oxide ink pads in Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Picked Raspberry and once I had finished heating and applying water to the background I sponged over the 'white' areas that were still visible with my ink blending tool.

A while back I saw on youtube a technique which uses baby wipes to wipe over the photo glossy paper once the oxide inks are dry to reveal a bright vibrant background which is similar to what you can achieve using the Distress Glaze that Tim Holtz uses.  I have the Distress Glaze and have used it with great results but I wanted to give this technique a try as well and I am very happy with how this turns out also.
I dont remember whose tutorial I saw the baby wipes on but I am sure there are many out there now.

I used just one die for this card the Square Hello frame from Reverse Confetti.

Here is a link to my youtube channel showing me putting together this card.

And here is a still pic of the card.



It was a lot of fun to make and I will continue to do youtube videos for you guys.
Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog today - bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment