I used Karen Burniston's die set 'Twist Panel Card' to make this card.
I had fun making this card but I forgot how much of a pain ORANGE cardstock can be. There's something in orange card stock that makes it a little difficult to work with sometimes and when I was scoring and burnishing parts of the pop up mechanism for this card (which I had chosen to make with the orange) the cardstock was giving me a little grief. I remade the mechanism and decided to reinforce the areas that would be prone to becoming weak with some micropore tape. Doing this did make the card a little more bulkier but in the long run it was going to be worth it to protect the integrity of the card being opened and closed many times.
I got a huge hug from recipient of the card and well, that did make my day. They absolutely love the card and I believe it is pride of place in their home.
Here is a link to my youtube channel where there is a short video showing this card in action.
Have a great day guys and bye for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment