Saturday, 9 March 2019

CRAZY 4 CHALLENGES C4C474 - FLOWER CARD (WIPER SURPRISE CARD)

Hi Guys!

Welcome back to my blog!

This week for the Crazy 4 Challenges the theme is:

The 12thMarch is Plant a Flower Day, for our challenge this week include
 a flower or flowers on your card.

For this card I decided to use a new purchase which is the 'Darling Petal' turnabout stamp and die set from Concord & 9th and also the Wiper Surprise die set from Mama Elephant.

The Darling Petal turnabout stamp is unique in that you can use up to 8 colours of ink to create your background.  I decided to use 4.  2 pinks for the flowers and 2 greens for the leaves. The inks I chose were from Altenew and I used Puffy Heart and Rubellite for the pinks of the flowers and Olive and Moss for the green of the leaves. For an in depth tutorial on stamping this turnabout out I encourage you to check out the video on Concord & 9th's website here.

Once I had my 2 background pieces stamped I cut the pieces I need for the wiper surprise card.
I chose my wiper piece - there are 5 to choose from in the set each has the wiper extending from different positions - I and proceeded to put my card together.

There are some great tutorials online for the wiper surprise and the three that I watched were

Mama Elephant here
Ali Loves Cardmaking here
Dawn Lewis here

I did a video of me putting the card together here which will include more details and links for the products I used.

Here are some pics of the completed card



Thanks for looking and I will catch you next week!
Bye for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment