Saturday, 2 March 2019

CRAZY FOR CHALLENGES C4C473 - COFFEE THEMED CARD

Hi Guys!

Welcome back to my blog.

This week for the Crazy 4 Challenges the theme is:

March is Caffeine Awareness Month, so for our challenge this week create a Coffee themed card. If you don't have any coffee stamps, dies or papers and hot beverage will do.


So I decided to use my new purchase of Karen Burniston's Rockin Rectangle Pop Up die set.
This die set is fast becoming my favourite 'interactive' die set. I just love the pop out 'rockin rectangle' and the die set is generic so you can make cards for anyone for anything.

The little stamp and die set I used was from on a magazine that I purchased and the magazine was Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 177.  The magazine is from the UK.

The coffee beans I used were a cutting file I purchased from the Silhouette Design Studio and I cut them out with my cameo.

Hello and Lets Do Coffee were also cut on my cameo using a font I purchased also from Silhouette Design Store called Hello Friend Brush Script Font.

I used Tonic Nuvo Glaze over the coffee beans to make them look more realistic and also over the words to make them stand out a bit more.

I have done a video putting this card together here and I followed Karen Burniston's tutorial on her youtube channel here whilst I was making it - her tutorials are so easy to follow.

Here are some pics of the card.




I had a lot of fun making this card and the trouble with making these cards for these challenges is that I dont want to part with any of the cards so I imagine by the end of the year I will have quite a lot of cards in my stash!

Bye for now guys and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment