Welcome back to my blog!
Today I am sharing two projects I made for my crafty friend Casey for her recent birthday.
I caught up with Casey and her mum Alison over Easter and was able to give them both their cards and gifts I had made them. I featured the card and gift for Alison a couple of weeks back and you can read about that here.
Now, on to the gift and card I made for Casey.
As I have mentioned previously, I have been using dies designed by Nicole van Kalsbeek - Verkooijen (AKA Nicole Silhouette) and she has a 3D Turntable Picture Frame available to buy as a die or a cutting file - I have both. One day, with the cutting file I intend to make a really large version and a mini version of this picture frame.
When I was assembling this picture frame I was thinking the whole time of how I was going to decorate this for Casey.
I went through my paper stash trying to figure out what I was going to use. I came across a Kaisercraft paper pack that I have had for a while but I had not used to date. The paper pack was called Ubud Dreams and the colours in this pack appealled to me as Casey told me she liked aqua/mint/turquoise colours and those colours featured in this paper pack.
I sifted through the pack and one piece I kept coming back to was the 'Mantra' sheet which essentially is a sheet of various photos of different types of 'doors'. And one of the doors stood out for me.
Here is the sheet I am talking about - by the way this image I have used is not my image it is one I have used from a Google search. It appears this paper pack is getting harder to get a hold of but you may be lucky and snare one.
And you can see those beautiful ornate doors down the bottom centre that dominate this sheet of paper and they got my brain ticking and I thought I would love to have doors on my picture frame and it was like a lightbulb went off over my head and it was full steam ahead once this happened.
I used other papers in this pack for the decorator panels on the top and sides of the picture frame and also the base piece of the frame but I kept that beautiful ornate door piece to be the focal point of the front and back of the frame which incorporate the doors that open and close to reveal a photo on each side.
I used ready made flowers for the decorations and I glued the half back pearls down one by one - crazy I know but the Crystal Katana tool makes it easy work.
I just love how this turned out and for the purpose of the pictures I put my wedding picture in black and white on one side and a picture of me and my daughter when she was a baby on the other side. Black and white pictures look better in this frame as they dont detract from the frame.
I will be doing an assembly tutorial on my youtube channel putting this frame together incorporating 'doors' but it wont be the same as this one as I did not record this one being made. I am thinking a beachy theme and hope to have done by this weekend. So stay tuned for that.
I also, made a card to match using doors as well with the same paper pack.
In the meantime here are some pictures of both the frame and the card - please enjoy and letting you know Casey loved both the card and the frame which I was so thrilled about.
Here is the frame with a picture inside both sides
And here is the card
Thanks very much for looking and happy crafting until next time!
Bye for now











No comments:
Post a Comment