Tuesday, 2 April 2019

CARD AND PRESENT FOR ALISON

A crafty friend of mine celebrates her birthday this month and I wanted to make something special for her.

I have been following Nicole van Kalsbeek-Verkooijen (AKA Nicole Silhouette) on youtube for a little while now and I decided recently to buy some of her dies that she designs.  Nicole is surely making a name for herself with her designs. I think she has that point of difference with her designs that will set her apart from others.  I have been liking the die designs she has been coming out with.  She also has an etsy shop and does also sell cutting files which is another plus for me as I can also buy the cutting files to use with my cameo if I want to say enlarge or reduce the size of something which is not possible with cutting dies.

I decided to make for Alison the card that has a box inside it.  A bit hard to post but I was intending on giving it to her in person.  I think I will add some crafty treats to the box.  And I also made the tissue box cover.  I liked this tissue box cover as it fits a roll of toilet paper in it that you can use as tissues.  I liked this idea very much.

The paper that I used is from Kaisercraft's Fairy Garden collection and I love how both of these items came out.  I am excited to give them to Alison when I see her next.

Alison, if you see this blog post before your birthday or before I get to give you these things then I apologise for the spoiler alert.

Here are pics of both items which I hope you enjoy looking at.


 Front of card





 Tissue Box cover


I finished the inside of the lid and base nicely as well - this added strength to the box!


I love how you can put a toilet roll in this and use TP for a tissue - my kid uses toilet paper for tissues all the time! So I will be making another one for her - soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment