Wednesday, 27 April 2022

3D LOCKER - DESIGNED BY NICOLE SILHOUETTE

Hi everyone!

Thank you for stopping by!

Today I am sharing a 3D Locker designed by Nicole Silhouette.  This locker is only available as a digital cutting file in Nicole's Etsy store.  You can find that here. I, also, have the assembly tutorial for this locker on my YouTube channel here.

When Nicole showed me the locker before she released it in her Etsy store I mentioned to her that it would look great with feet on the bottom. 

For my locker I knew I wanted to add feet to the bottom.  The feet I had in mind are the feet from the dresser in a digital svg file kit called 'Call Me Later' designed by and available from SVGCuts.  You can find that kit here.  The feet from the dresser in that kit are the perfect size for the locker and suit the locker perfectly.  Gives me vibes of a locker I have at home which I purchased from a variety store here in Australia called Kmart.

Nicole designed the locker without feet but they can easily be added. For instance - in the way that I have with feet from another digital cutting file or you could use a wooden bead and paint it to match.  Large brads would work well also.  Ali Express have feet you can buy for jewellery boxes and that is another option for feet.  If you are savvy with the design program with your electronic cutting machine you can design your own feet in rectangle or square shapes.  They would be easy to design in basic rectangle or square shapes.

As most people know I like the 3D things I make from paper to look as realistic as I can make them - it's become very much my style for which I am known. And this locker is no exception.  I posted it on a couple of paper craft group pages on Facebook and some people did not realise it was made from paper - thinking I had posted a random locker on a paper craft page - lol!  And, I think if my paper projects get a reaction where you have to take a second look to see if it is actually paper then it's a 'mission accomplished' for me.  

Here are a couple of pics as Nicole designed the project to be - without feet



The locker looks great without feet and it would be easier to send with happy mail inside to crafty friends without the addition of feet which could break off in transit. But, I wanted mine for in my craft room and I knew having the addition feet on the bottom would add to the appeal of the locker.  I did also, strengthen the base of the locker on the inside so that the bottom of the locker would not sag once things were inside and the feet were attached.

I am very pleased with the way the locker turned out with the feet - here are a couple of pics




I love the shelf on the inside too - makes it look even more real.

Thank you for looking and until next time - it's bye for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment