Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing another 3D paper craft project using a digital cutting file designed by Nicole Silhouette.
The original size of the Retro Suitcase Nicole designed (which will be made into a cutting die set) makes a suitcase 5 1/2' (14cm) L x 4 1/4' (10.8cm) W x 2 3/4' (7cm) H
I do have the assembly tutorial for the retro suitcase in this size on my YouTube channel here
I wanted to go a step further with this suitcase and make a stack of 3 in 3 different sizes - small, medium and large. The medium size one is the original size Nicole designed and the beauty of using the digital cutting file is that you can resize the cutting files to what ever size you like.
For the large suitcase I enlarged the pieces as large as the biggest piece would fit on the 12x12 cutting matt and then resized for the smaller one to fit it with the other two sizes - not hard to do but you need to remember to select all the pieces and resize them altogether otherwise your pieces will all be out of proportion.
With my colour combination I went outside my comfort zone and chose a Tiffany blue - the actual colour is a Kaisercraft colour called 'Capri' and the designer paper is also from Kaisercraft from their Marigold collection and the sheet I used was called 'Buttercup'. It had lovely tones of blue and brown. Colours I would not normally reach for. The flowers are also from Kaisercraft and I used a mix of teal, terracotta and cream.
The hardware on my suitcases I used gold and I purchased the catches from Spotlight - they are so cute and really make the suitcases I think.
I wanted the top suitcase to look as though it was full of flowers under the lid and I think I achieved the look I was going for.
Here are some pics of my 3 stack of Retro Suitcases.



No comments:
Post a Comment