Wednesday, 27 April 2022

RETRO TELEPHONE - SVGCUTS

 Hi everyone!

Thank you for stopping by again today!

This time I am sharing a 3D telephone gift box designed by SVGCuts.

The telephone gift box is available in a digital cutting file kit called 'Call Me Later' and you can find that kit here .  You need to have an electronic cutting machine like a Silhouette or similar to be able to use svg files.

I have made this telephone before way back in September 2013 when this kit was released and I gifted it to my crafty friends at Skat Katz so they could use it for a display at craft shows they attended at that time. You can read about that and see the first telephone I made here.

And in all those years since I always wished I had one for myself so I decided to just go ahead this past weekend and make another one.  I love having the things I make around me in my craft room as I am crafting.  They give me inspiration and just generally make me feel good.  Although, I am running out of room!

As with all 3D paper projects I make I do like them to look as realistic as I can possibly make them and I wanted my telephone to look like it was made from 'bakelite' just like how they looked back in the day.

I was able to achieve this by using black gloss card stock for the decorative panels.  I cut the main construction pieces from just plain black card stock and then used the black gloss card for the decorative panels.  Black gloss card stock is white core so I did have to go around the edges with a black sharpie but that was not hard to do.

The dial and numbers I used are not actually included in the Call Me Later kit.  However, there is a small elements kit also available from SVGCuts called 'Bicycle Built for Two' available here and in that kit are the pieces for a telephone dial including numbers.  I resized the dial to fit the telephone.  

For the numbers I set my silhouette cameo up to sketch them with a pen and I love how that turned out. I lined the numbers up within the dial so they would be perfect once drawn.

The cord is just a 1/4 inch strip of card stock about 24 inches long (2 12'x12' lengths glued together) and I wound it around a 1/2 inch diameter dowell I had in my craft room to give the spiral look. I then attached that spiral one end to the handset and the other to the back of the telephone base with some hot glue.  I then glued the handset with hot glue to the top of the telephone base.  

This telephone is actually a gift box - the top half of the base opens up so you can put goodies inside but I glued my phone shut as I don't plan to use mine as a gift box, just a display in my craft room.

I added flowers to my telephone to pretty it up and I love they way my telephone turned out. It's so realistic looking! I'm sure you will agree.

Here are some pics - 






Thank you so much for looking and until next time - it's bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment